Messages and Resources
Thoughtfully writing out your responses to these questions will help bring home the point of this week’s message. Members of a HomeGroup encourage one another to be rooted in Scripture and to apply it to their every day lives. If you’d like to get involved in a HomeGroup please contact Nikki Morales or the Church office.
May 19, 2013 [Click here for printable version]
1. What are some warnings that you were repeatedly given as you were growing up?
2. The Lord repeatedly reminds Israel to completely drive out their enemies, to not intermarry and to remove all counterfeit gods. Why? What threats do they pose?
3. What kinds of blessings and benefits (vv.12-16) will result from keeping God’s instructions?
4. How does this passage instruct us regarding the sin and “the enemies” in our lives?
5. Have you ever witnessed the destructive consequences of letting sin hang around? In what ways?
6. What spiritual principles does this passage provide to guide us in our struggle with sin?
7. The Israelites no doubt felt overwhelmed and outmatched by their enemies. The Lord constantly is reminding them that He is a faithful God and they are to trust in His power and promise. In what ways have you seen God come through for you? In what aspect of your life do you need to be reminded of His strength and faithfulness?
8. Looking back on this series “Lessons Learned in the Dessert,” what has resonated with you? In what ways has God spoken into your life through these chapters of Deuteronomy?
Pray for one another.