Messages and Resources
Thoughtfully writing out the answers to the questions below helps drive home the message from Sunday. Members of a HomeGroup encourage one another to be rooted in Scripture and to apply it to their every day lives. If you’d like to get involved in a HomeGroup please contact the Church office.
Fall Session 2017 [ CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION ]
Oct. 22, 2017
"Unhindered!" | Acts 28:30-31
1. What’s the place you've lived the longest? (Also, find out who has lived in San Diego the longest in your group).
2. Thinking back on your spiritual journey, have you ever felt “put on hold” in your spiritual life? In hindsight, how was God using that time?
3. Reread Acts 28:30-31. Now review the outline. Is there a point from the message that you’d like to discuss as a group? What is it?
4. Probably within a few years Paul was executed by Emperor Nero. How does vs. 31 serve as a fitting epitaph for Paul?
5. The Book of Acts ends abruptly. But looking back at the outline of the book captured in Acts 1:8, how is chapter 28 a fitting ending (hint: Acts isn’t a biography of Paul; it is the story of the birth of the church).
6. Where do you feel restricted by circumstances? Time, place, mobility, other? Explain?
7. Reflecting on your answer to number 6 above, what opportunities do you have within those restrictions? How might you serve God even within your current situation?
8. Doug said, “God puts the cross on our weaknesses.” How does the death of Jesus inform the way we look at our limitations and restrictions?
EXTRA CREDIT: Read the Book of Philippians (written during this time by Paul while under house arrest in Rome). Which passages from Philippians come to life for you in light of the Acts 28 context? Why?
Spend some time praying together.